Rubio Monocoat Wood Stian Effect - Fumed
Rubio Fumed has been developed to create a special effect on white oak by making the wood turn gray. This product reacts in accordance to the amount of tannic acid that is present in the wood. The treatment allows you to create very unique effects since the shade of gray depends on the amount of tannin in the wood. Rubio Fumed is user-friendly and does not release any toxic or irritating fumes or vapors. This product is designed to be post-treated with Rubio Monocoat Oil Plus 2C.
Attention: Variations in the final result can be expected depending on the quality and origin of the wood used.
- Provides a “graying” effect to white oak.
- Can be post-treated with Rubio Monocoat Oil Plus 2C.
- Environmentally friendly, releases no toxic fumes or vapors.
* Sand the planks until the desired result has been obtained.
* Remove all dust from the surface.
* Apply Monocoat Fumed evenly with a roller, brush, water base applicator or spray gun.
* The manufacturer recommends that after the application the wood is left to dry for 36 hours. Once the wood dries, wash off the surface with water. Damp mop or wash with clean dampened cloths.
* Allow the wood to completely dry.
* Remove the raised grain by polishing the surface with a buffer and red or beige pad. * Make sure the surface is made fully dust-free again.
* Apply Rubio Monocoat Oil Plus 2C.
Depending on the method of preparation and the type of wood: +/- 100 to 150 sq. ft./liter
Physical resistance at 68°F: Liquid Color: Brown.
Solubility in water (% weight): Miscible.
The product can be stored for up to 12 months in dry conditions in the original packaging. Do not allow freezing.
100 ml, 1 liter, 5 liter jugs.